This exceptional appetizer has a wealth of flavors creating a deep, rich taste worthy of its billionaire name. Spinach makes this oyster dish just wonderful.
Antoine's Oysters Rockerfeller
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup bread crumbs
- 2 Cups fresh chopped spinach or-
- 2 packages (10-ounce) frozen spinach
- 1/2 Cup parsley
- 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon Pernod liqueur; or anisette
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops Tabasco
- 18 large oysters
- Melt butter; add crumbs and saute 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine with other ingredients, except oysters, in blender until smooth.
- Arrange oysters in shells (or individual dishes). Top each with 1 tablespoon spinach mixture and broil 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.