Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads, Appetizers
- 1 small cauliflower; in small florets
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, drained and torn into small pieces
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper; seeded diced
- 1 Cup black and green olives
- 16 ounces cooked, sliced Italian sweet sausage
- 1 1/2 Cups cannellini beans, cooked and drained, cooled
- 1/2 Cup cubed provolone cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 1/4 Cups oil; vegetable or corn
- 3/4 Cup vinegar; cider
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic and sugar, adding salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup dressing over salad and sausage, tossing to mix, reserve remaining dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In large bowl, toss together cauliflower, carrots, green pepper, and olives.
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water till tender but firm about 8 to 10 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Just before serving, mix the ingredients, adding the beans, sausage and cheese. Taste and readjust seasonings and add remaining dressing if necessary.