Angel Food Cake is soft as a heavenly cloud, pure white, with a golden crust and divinely sweet to the palate. It is best when accompanied by berries, fruit or chocolate.
- 11 egg whites (1 1/2 Cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat egg whites at medium speed until foamy, 1 minute. Add salt and cream of tartar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Sift flour and sugar twice together in separate bowl. Fold into egg white mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Turn into ungreased 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees until pale golden, 40 minutes. Invert pan on cake rack to cool.
- This recipe yields 12 to 14 servings.
The complex flavors of Little Italian Sausage Burgers creates a glorious eating experience. Enjoy it...
The Bistro Cheeseburger is the kind of delicious burger you'll find at better urban bistros througho...
Eggnog Bread Pudding is a comfortable, relaxing and flavorful dessert that's very easy to prepare an...
Try substituting other wines for the Marsala; a combination of strong coffee and brandy also makes a...