An Irish Breakfast is not a recipe but a collection of ingredients served in a masterful compilation of flavors and textures. It’s an experience worth trying.
- butter, Kerrygold or Brandy butter
- Irish brown soda bread
- Black and white puddings
- Irish sausages
- Irish bacon rashers
- 400g of baked beans
- Eggs/tomatoes/etc. optional!
- Fried mushrooms
- Prepare two Boxty potato pancakes in advance and keep warm.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and melt butter on the pan. Add the bacon/rashers and sausages to fry to your liking. When finished, cook the mushrooms in the bacon drippings.
- Turn a second burner to medium heat and leave the beans to bake, stirring occasionally.
- While the meats (and eggs, if using) fry, slice the tomatoes and pudding and add to the frying pan, turning occasionally.
- Serve foods on warmed plates with soda bread and a mug of Irish Morning Tea or Barrys.
Black and white puddings are available at premium gourmet shops and supermarkets.
Tomatoes are cut in half and fried, quickly on both sides.
Anglo-Irish style baked beans are not the same as their American cousin. They are available in the imported foods section of many supermarkets.