The Pennsylvania Dutch excel at making hand-crafted pies and have adapted old German recipes into delightful ones like Amish Brown Sugar Pie. Sweet, soothing and incredibly comforting, it’s a masterpiece of the home cook’s craft. Pairs perfectly with a cold glass of milk.
- 1 unbaked 8 inch pie shell
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- speck of salt
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour and salt. Mix thoroughly with clean fingers.
- Transfer the mixture into the pie crust. Pour the evaporated milk over the flour and sugar. Do not stir or mix this in.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dot the pie with butter and sprinkle cinnamon topping liberally over all.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the filling just bubbles up in the middle.
- The filling will never completely set.
- Serve at room temperature.
From: Cooking From Quilt Country
Delightful Cheesy Mushroom Canapes can make a simple party a great event. Combine these little treas...
Capellini di Mare per Due, or Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood for Two is a bounteous gift from the sea...
The flavors of the season fill the air as you cook The Taste of Autumn Pasta. Rich sage, sausage, a...
The Devil's Dentures are simply wonderful confections perfect for the Halloween season. The kiddies ...