The Pennsylvania Dutch excel at making hand-crafted pies and have adapted old German recipes into delightful ones like Amish Brown Sugar Pie. Sweet, soothing and incredibly comforting, it’s a masterpiece of the home cook’s craft. Pairs perfectly with a cold glass of milk.
- 1 unbaked 8 inch pie shell
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- speck of salt
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour and salt. Mix thoroughly with clean fingers.
- Transfer the mixture into the pie crust. Pour the evaporated milk over the flour and sugar. Do not stir or mix this in.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dot the pie with butter and sprinkle cinnamon topping liberally over all.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the filling just bubbles up in the middle.
- The filling will never completely set.
- Serve at room temperature.
From: Cooking From Quilt Country
Ballotine of Duckling is a British creation of outstanding complexity of flavors. It is a difficult...
Texas Smoked Barbecue Brisket is always prepared with a dry rub, with amazing results every time. On...
There's nothing as delightful as Pecan Rugelach as an after-dinner treat with a soothing cup of tea ...
For a spectacular burst of incredible flavor, try Glazed Carrots and Parsnips. The sweetness of the...