Amaretto Peach Ice Cream pairs two glorious flavors, peach and almond, to yield an sultry, smooth and alluring taste sensation that appeals to all palates. Simply extraordinary.
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches, skinned, pitted, sliced
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Cup crumbled amaretti cookies
- 3 Tablespoons Amaretto
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Cups well-chilled heavy cream
- Make sure to strip the skin of your peaches by first dropping them in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, one at a time, then into a bowl of ice water. The skins will slip off once cut. Discard the skins and keep the peaches cold, but not wet. After skinning each peach, it is best to slice it open, remove the pit and use the fruit immediately.
- In a bowl toss peaches with 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice and let mixture stand 30 minutes. Drain mixture and purée peaches in a food processor.
- In heavy saucepan combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup water, bring mixture to a boil over moderate heat, washing down the sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water, and simmer the syrup until it is a pale golden caramel. Add 1/2 cup boiling water carefully (mixture will bubble vigorously and may splatter - this can be very dangerous, so be careful) and simmer mixture, stirring, until caramel is dissolved.
- In a small bowl sprinkle the cookies with Amaretto and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer beat egg yolks until they are thick and pale, add syrup in a stream, beating, and beat mixture until cool. Stir in vanilla extract, peach purée, cookie mixture and cream.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
These soft, seeded, salted breadsticks make a perfect accompaniment to pasta and other Italian dishe...
You may serve Shrimp Cakes with Chipotle Aioli as a main course, but if you make the cakes small, yo...
The lusciousness of Avocado Scallop Ceviche makes it an exceptional appetizer for small parties. Th...
A very flavorful, rich and healthful soup, Warszawa Borscht is not very popular in America, but terr...