Absolutely delicious, Alphabet Vegetable Soup is a fun and nutritious soup for young and old alike. Everyone enjoys this treasure, having fun spelling words.
Alphabet Vegetable Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 3 Cups garden vegetable mix; thawed
- 1 Quart vegetable juice cocktail
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 Cup alphabet macaroni
- 1 Cup potatoes; peeled and cubed
- 1 Cup cooked beef or chicken (optional), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine Garden Vegetable mix, vegetable juice cocktail, seasoned pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Add alphabet macaroni and potatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook uncovered about 12 to 15 minutes., until macaroni and potatoes are tender.
- Other shapes of pasta may be used (i.e. broken spaghetti), and leftover potatoes, cubed, can be used in place of raw; add them 5 minutes before soup is done. Leftover cubed chicken or beef is also good in this.