Almost Cherry Garcia Cookies
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 30 cookies
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 3/4 Cup coarsely-chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 Cup coarsely-chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 Cup coarsely-chopped macadamia nuts; (optional)
- 1 Cup dried sour cherries
- 1/3 Cup cherry liqueur
- 1/2 Cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Plump dried cherries by covering with boiling water. Let stand a couple of minutes. Drain well and toss with cherry liqueur. Drain when required or even better, let sit a couple of hours or overnight for best flavor, then drain and use in recipe.
- Cream butter with granulated and brown sugars. Blend in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Fold in salt, baking soda and flour. Fold in drained cherries, white and semisweet chocolate and nuts. Batter should be soft.
- Drop in generous tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned around edges, 12 to 14 minutes.