Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup sugar; brown
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound butter
- 6 Cups flour
- 2/3 Cup almonds; slivered
- Combine sugars, baking soda, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir in eggs.
- Cut butter into small pieces and work into mixture. Add flour, a cup at a time, and mix well.
- Knead in almonds. Gather dough into ball and divide into five equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a cylinder. If you wish, roll each cylinder in colored sugar. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut each log into 1/4" slices. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
This recipe is a tradition in a Swedish family. It makes enough cookies to feed the Swedish Army.