Almond Pound Cake with Plums and Cardamom Ice Cream is the epitome of simple summertime pleasures on a plate. The plums pair delectably with cardamom and almond. Seriously wonderful.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 3/4 ounces sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 ounces flour
- 1 1/4 ounces yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 ounces almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds plums, peeled and pitted, sliced
- 5 ounces sugar, approximately
- water, as needed
- Cardamom ice cream, as needed
- toasted sliced almonds as needed
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Mix in almond extract. Mix together flour, cornmeal, almonds and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Divide batter into a lightly greased 91/2-x-51/2-in. baking pan; bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then unmold. Cut the loaf into 6 even slices.
- For each serving, sauté 4 ounces plums with 1/2 Tablespoon sugar until sugar starts to caramelize; add 1/2 Tablespoon water and cook until liquid becomes syrupy.
- Plate 1 slice of cake, spoon plums on top and garnish with ice cream and almonds.
There's nothing better than a delectable, crunchy Apple and Walnut Chicken Salad, served in a sandwi...
Cream of Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry is an exciting way of presenting an extraordinary soup of incr...
Our simple recipe for Mashed Potatoes is just wonderful. You can make them creamy or rough ...
A simple recipe, Arugula Salad with Orange Zest Vinaigrette is exceptionally tasty, with flavors rem...