Almond Pound Cake with Plums and Cardamom Ice Cream is the epitome of simple summertime pleasures on a plate. The plums pair delectably with cardamom and almond. Seriously wonderful.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 3/4 ounces sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 ounces flour
- 1 1/4 ounces yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 ounces almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds plums, peeled and pitted, sliced
- 5 ounces sugar, approximately
- water, as needed
- Cardamom ice cream, as needed
- toasted sliced almonds as needed
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Mix in almond extract. Mix together flour, cornmeal, almonds and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Divide batter into a lightly greased 91/2-x-51/2-in. baking pan; bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then unmold. Cut the loaf into 6 even slices.
- For each serving, sauté 4 ounces plums with 1/2 Tablespoon sugar until sugar starts to caramelize; add 1/2 Tablespoon water and cook until liquid becomes syrupy.
- Plate 1 slice of cake, spoon plums on top and garnish with ice cream and almonds.
Carrot and Ginger Soup with Roasted Cauliflower offers an incredible triad of flavors that entice th...
While some say making homemade potato chips is foolish as there are so many great commercial varieti...
In these trying times, a bowl of Tomato, Tarragon and Vodka Soup with a bit of kick never goes amiss...
Hungarian Cake or Mađarica is sweet, seductive, sultry, alluring, and most of all, delicious. The pe...