Almond Mousse au Chocolate is a sultry, seductive and alluring dessert of incredible flavor and simple preparation. A must-try recipe!
Almond Mousse au Chocolate
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 envelope unsweetened gelatin powder
- 1/4 Cup cold water
- 2 unsweetened baking chocolate squares
- 1 semisweet chocolate square
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 Cup blanched almonds; toasted and chopped
- Soften gelatin in water.
- Melt chocolate in milk over boiling water. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves completely. Let it cool.
- Whip cream until it stands in soft peaks. Stir almond extract and chopped almonds into cooled chocolate.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Then fold in remaining cream.
- Pour into an attractive serving bowl or individual bowls, then let set in refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with whipped cream, candied violets, grated sweet chocolate or toasted almonds before serving.