Almond Madeleines are luscious, soft cookies ideally served with tea or coffee as a simple accompaniment. They’re luxurious, yet comforting, without pretense.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
Serves: 20 cookies
- 2 eggs; separated
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons toasted almond oil
- 1 Cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup ground toasted almonds
- Soften butter; do not let it melt. Combine with toasted almond oil. Butter and flour Madeleine molds. Combine yolks and sugar, then stir in butter mixture.
- Mix baking powder and flour together and stir into mixture. Beat egg whites stiff and fold in. Add ground almonds. Place a decent spoonful of dough in each mold, approximately half full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to15 minutes until golden.