Very little wheat grows in Alicante, Spain, but you can find almond trees everywhere, so the flour in Almond Cookies (Almendrados) is made of nuts, making these intensely flavorful cookies.
- 1 1/3 Cups blanched almonds; plus
- 10 blanched almonds, split lengthwise; for garnishing
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grind the 1 1/3 cups blanched almonds to a fine paste in electric blender or mortar. Mix ground almonds with sugar and salt. Fold in egg whites beaten to a stiff beak.
- For each cookie, drop equivalent of heaping 1/2 teaspoon of mixture onto buttered sheet.
- Top each cookie with half an almond.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until cookies are lightly browned on top (approximately 10 minutes). The inside of the cookie will look still moist when cookie is done. Remove to a rack and cool.
When it comes to sexy, seductive desserts White Chocolate Mousse with Chocolate Sauce is one of the ...
These glorious sandwiches are the kind of healthful, flavor rich food that is perfect for lunch or p...
Marinated Loin Lamb Chops with Roasted Red Onions is an exceptionally delicious recipe from England,...
Delicious. Outstanding. Super-duper! And Honey Walnut Ice-Cream is darn good too! You can't help lov...