Almond Chicken Salad with Ginger Marinade
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Marinades
- 1 Cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root (or 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger)
- Chicken SALAD
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 Cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro; optional
- 1/4 Cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 5 fresh California peaches; divided
- 1/4 Cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds; optional
- For Marinade: In zip-top plastic bag, combine salad dressing, soy sauce, and ginger. Add chicken; close bag securely, turning to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For Salad: Arrange greens on serving plates. Sprinkle with cilantro. Top with green onions. Slice 3 peaches and arrange on lettuce. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken until browned and cooked through, basting occasionally with marinade. Halve remaining 2 peaches; baste with marinade and grill about 5 minutes. Slice chicken breasts and arrange chicken and grilled peaches on lettuce.
- In small saucepan, bring remaining marinade to a boil (this can be done on the grill, if desired). Add almonds and sesame seeds. Pour over salads and serve immediately.
This recipe serves 4.