Apple butter is a wonderful spread on toast, bagels, muffins. Rich flavor, with a superb texture make it most palatable and enjoyable.
All-Day Apple Butter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- 5 1/2 pounds apples; peeled and finely chopped
- 4 Cups sguar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place apples in a slow cooker.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt; pour over apples and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown, stirring occasionally (stir more frequently as it thickens to prevent sticking). Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer.
- If desired, stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Cover and refrigerate or freeze.