A tradition, the All-American Tuna-Salad Sandwich is perfect for a picnic lunch or, an economical quick and easy dinner.
All-American Tuna-Salad Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) water-packed white tuna, drained
- 1 Cup diced celery
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- 1 Cup diced tomato
- 1/2 Cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 pieces green leaf lettuce
- Put tuna in a medium-size bowl and flake with a fork.
- Add remaining salad ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add two slices of tomato and one piece of lettuce to each sandwich, topping with a scoop of tuna salad. Cover with the second slice of bread.
Makes 3 1/3 cups tuna salad.