Celebrate the Fourth of July anytime with this simple, easy and affordable dessert that’s very attractive and superbly delicious.
All American Fourth Dessert
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 package Jell-o Brand gelatin Berry Blue flavor
- 1 package Jell-o Brand gelatin Raspberry flavor
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- Pudding Filling:
- 1 package Jell-O Brand White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 Cups cold milk
- 1 Cup Cool Whip whipped topping
- fresh blueberries
- fresh sliced strawberries or
- fresh raspberries
- Prepare JELL-O gelatin Berry Blue and Raspberry flavor with boiling water and cold water.
- Pour each into separate 8" square pans. Make sure bubbles do not rise to the surface. To fix this, simply use a piece of plastic wrap and push bubble clusters off to the side and spoon them off the surface.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm. Cut into 1/2-inch sized cubes.
- Prepare the White Chocolate Instant Pudding mix by blending well with the cold milk using a whisk - about 2 minutes. Refrigerate in a large bowl for at least 20 minutes. Just before preparing for serving, blend in the Cool Whip whipped topping, again using a whisk to create a light, fluffy mixture. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes to set.
- Layer blue cubes evenly at the bottom of 8 cocktail, hurricane or wide-mouth wine glasses. Spoon the COOL WHIP and White Chocolate pudding mixture on top of the blue cubes, then add a layer of red cubes on top of this.
- Garnish with some fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries or fresh raspberries.
Though this recipe uses many Kraft brand products, it is an original recipe of Epicurus.