Albanian Burger Steaks
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 each bread, soaked and squeezed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons minced mint leaves
- Times staff writer Rose Dosti's mother adapted Albanian flavor preferences to American hamburger with these results.
- Combine beef, garlic, egg, bread, onion, salt, pepper and mint.
- Shape into 4 oblong patties and fry 8 to 10 minutes on each side in lightly greased skillet. Serve on hot plates and garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired.