An outstanding buffet dish well suited to parties any time of year, but best on New Year’s Eve. Add some Grissini bread sticks for an absolutely perfect appetizer dish none will be able to resist.
- 1 double batch Aioli Sauce
- 6 small artichokes, trimmed, boiled, and chokes removed
- 7 pounds cod, poached
- 1 pound carpaccio (thinly sliced and pounded raw beef tenderloin)
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed, blanced and refreshed in cold water
- 1/2 pound green beans, same as above
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2 pieces
- 3 pounds cauliflower, in florets
- 1 pound chick peas, cooked
- 3 large red or green peppers, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1 pound small potatoes, cooked
- 6 eggs, sliced in half (cooked)
- 4 Tablespoons capers
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- Aioli Sauce:
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Cups oil (half olive, half peanut) at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- juice of 1 lemon
- Spoon some of the aioli sauce into the center of each artichoke.
- Place an aioli-filled artichoke in the middle of each plate, and arrange the cod, carpaccio, prepared vegetables, and eggs around it in a spoke-like fashion, making sure each plate has some of all. Sprinkle with parsley and capers.
- AIOLI SAUCE Puree garlic in a food processor or blender. Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl until light and smooth, and add to the garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste, lemon juice, and mustard, and process to a smooth paste.
- With the machine still running, add the oil, very slowly, into the mixture in a constant, steady stream, blending constantly. Continue the blending until you obtain a thick, shiny, firm sauce. Transfer to a storage container, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Makes 12 servings
Mary Ann Esposito's Split Pea Soup (Minestra di Piselli Spaccata) is warming, comforting and delicio...
A simple, elegant and utterly delicious side dish, Apple-spiked Acorn Squash soon becomes a family f...
Cilantro-Lime Rice is perfect when preparing grilled, Southwestern, Tex-Mex or Mexican fish, or chic...
Fish is the traditional dinner meal for this holy day. Good Friday Fish with Wine and Tomatoes affor...