Ahi Tuna Steeped in Red Wine with Wilted Arugula is exceptional, if only for its innovative pairing of red wine with tuna, but in fact, for superb flavors and delightful appeal.
- 1 Cup red wine
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 finely-minced shallots (about 1/4 Cup)
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 whole clove
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 8 Tuna steaks, 1/2" thick (3 ounces ea)
- 1 Cup stemmed arugula leaves (tightly packed)
- Bring wine, vinegar, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper to taste, thyme and clove to boil in covered 9 inch heavy non-reactive skillet.
- Immediately reduce heat to low and arrange tuna in overlapping circular pattern in skillet. Replace lid and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add butter to skillet and arrange arugula on top of fish. Steep off heat, covered, 6 minutes.
- To serve, arrange small mounds of arugula on 4 plates, place 2 pieces of tuna on each mound and pour sauce around.
Nonna LaRuffa's Pignolata's aromatic, crunchy nuggets melt in the mouth. This delectable dessert is ...
Bistro Steak is a simple, easily cooked main course, perfect for a great dinner for two. Bleu chees...
Turkey Tetrazzini is an easy, microwaveable dish that makes a great meal utilizing leftover holiday ...
The Waffle is a classic, originating in Belgium; this version perfected in the American South. Paire...