Ahi Tuna Steeped in Red Wine with Wilted Arugula is exceptional, if only for its innovative pairing of red wine with tuna, but in fact, for superb flavors and delightful appeal.
- 1 Cup red wine
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 finely-minced shallots (about 1/4 Cup)
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 whole clove
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 8 Tuna steaks, 1/2" thick (3 ounces ea)
- 1 Cup stemmed arugula leaves (tightly packed)
- Bring wine, vinegar, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper to taste, thyme and clove to boil in covered 9 inch heavy non-reactive skillet.
- Immediately reduce heat to low and arrange tuna in overlapping circular pattern in skillet. Replace lid and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add butter to skillet and arrange arugula on top of fish. Steep off heat, covered, 6 minutes.
- To serve, arrange small mounds of arugula on 4 plates, place 2 pieces of tuna on each mound and pour sauce around.
Ham and potatoes with a cheese sauce? What could be nicer as a side dish with your roast? Au Gratin ...
Salmon Parcels with Asparagus, Spinach and Tomato is an enjoyable blending of vegetable flavors with...
Pot au Feu is a classic French comfort dish. It takes the better part of an afternoon to prepare, bu...
Most popular at Christmas, but eaten at other times of the year, this exceptional bread is wonderful...