One of our most unique recipes, this African treasure has been adapted to American tastes and is rich in flavor and delicious goodies. Great with Fig Syrup.
African Potato Bacon and Banana Pancakes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 175 g (6 ounces) potatoes, mashed
- 2 Cups (225 g) ordinary plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 1 1/4 Cups (10 fluid ounces) 300 ml milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) 25 g butter
- 2 large bananas
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into strips
- Mix together the mashed potatoes and flour.
- Make a well in the center and drop in the egg.
- Gradually stir in the milk to make a batter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter and cook the batter to make 4 pancakes, then keep warm.
- Peel and quarter the bananas, removing any remaining strands.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and pour off any excess fat from the pan but leave sufficient to gently fry the banana pieces.
- Divide the fried bananas between the four pancakes and roll each pancake up.
- Top with the crisp bacon strips and serve.
Try our Fig Syrup with these delicious and very interesting pancakes.