Delectable glazed cookies are a heavenly treat for yourself or your youngsters, Advent Cookies go very well with a warm cup of tea. Perfect on a chilly afternoon. These cookies are ideal for launching the holiday season deliciously!
- 7 ounces light brown sugar
- 9 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 10 ounces butter; softened
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound plain flour (approximately)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the flour. Add the flour slowly to the rest of the mixture until it reaches the right consistency to roll out. The dough should be quite soft. (You may find it easier to knead it with your hands.)
- Roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch and cut into decorative shapes with small cookie cutters, a sharp knife or the rim of a glass.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven while they are still soft and cool on a rack, then pack into crocks or jars.
- You may glaze and decorate the cookies at any time.
The cookies can be made at any time, but allowed to age for 4-6 weeks.
They can be used as a substitute for graham crackers for a pie crust.
Shown here decorated for Christmas with glaze.
An American treasure, Buttercrunch Popcorn is a snack full of sticky, buttery, sweet fun and flavor....
One of the nicest cheesecakes you could make, with a rich and delicious glaze. Creamy Raspberry-Glaz...
The most extraordinary flavor and aroma come from Pear Tart with Frangipane, a most delectable tart....
When it comes to great flavor, Filet Mignon Sauce Madeira is unsurpassed and the delight of gastrono...