Delectable glazed cookies are a heavenly treat for yourself or your youngsters, Advent Cookies go very well with a warm cup of tea. Perfect on a chilly afternoon. These cookies are ideal for launching the holiday season deliciously!
- 7 ounces light brown sugar
- 9 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 10 ounces butter; softened
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound plain flour (approximately)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the flour. Add the flour slowly to the rest of the mixture until it reaches the right consistency to roll out. The dough should be quite soft. (You may find it easier to knead it with your hands.)
- Roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1/4 inch and cut into decorative shapes with small cookie cutters, a sharp knife or the rim of a glass.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven while they are still soft and cool on a rack, then pack into crocks or jars.
- You may glaze and decorate the cookies at any time.
The cookies can be made at any time, but allowed to age for 4-6 weeks.
They can be used as a substitute for graham crackers for a pie crust.
Shown here decorated for Christmas with glaze.
A sublime combination of seafood grilled perfectly makes a wonderful meal. Add a petite filet mignon...
Simple, flavorful and visually appealing, Orange and Black Olive Salad is light on the palate and mo...
The Roast Beef Blues Panini is a superb lunch recipe that perfectly satisfies the most intense hunge...
The trick with Gazpacho is in the cutting of the vegetables, which is best done by hand in very tiny...