Perfectly combined with Apples and Cranberries for a great side dish. Add a delicious twist to your meal tonight with this scrumptious recipe.
Acorn Squash Rings with Cranberries and Apple
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dishes
- 1 squash; acorn
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup cranberries
- 1/4 Cup sugar; brown packed
- 1/2 Cup apple; finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water; cold
- Cut one peeled squash into 1/4 rings with sharp knife. Remove and discard seeds. Place in shallow dish & set aside. In a 4 cup measure, cook butter in the microwave at High 30-45 seconds or till melted. Stir in cranberries and brown sugar.
- Cook apples, uncovered at High 2-3 min or till skins have popped, stirring once. Stir in apple; spoon in each ring.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cook at High 5-7 min or till tender.
- Drain juice into measuring cup.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water, whisk into juices.
- Cook at High 30-45 seconds till thickened. Pour over rings.
An unusual, but exceptionally good side for your Thanksgiving table.