Aberffraw Cakes are more like a cookie made of a simple cake. They’re traditionally shaped like scallop shells and served with butter or clotted cream, with jam or preserves. Perfect for an afternoon tea.
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces castor (granulated) sugar
- TEISENNAU ABERFFRO
- Melt the butter in a basin and beat in the sugar.
- Gradually add the flour, mixing well with a warm spoon.
- Roll out thinly on a floured board and cut into rounds or traditionally, press into shell-shaped molds.
- Cook in a moderate oven (375/F. or Mark 5) for 15 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Serve sprinkled with sugar and with whipped or clotted cream and raspberry (or other) jam.
Whether served as an appetizer or salad course, Lentil and Carrot Aspic is a flavorful and surprisin...
If you enjoy things that are sweet, salty, crunchy, and incredibly tasty, Pineapple Shrimp Fried Ric...
One bite of Tequila-Lime Barbecued Shrimp and your palate will feel like you're on a beach in Acapul...
Red Onion Marmalade is one of those incredibly delicious recipes known only to a few gourmands. It i...