A Pocketful of Greens and Sardines
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 Cups loosely packed torn spinach leaves
- 1 small tomato; sliced
- 2 slices red onion; separated into rings
- 2 pocket breads; halved
- 3 3/4 ounces Norway sardines in oil (1 can); drained
- In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper; whisk to blend. Toss spinach, tomato and onion with dressing. Fill breads with spinach mixture and sardines, dividing equally.
This recipe serves 2.