A Fancy Watermelon Salad with Whipped-Cream Mayonnaise
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
- 1 medium ripe watermelon
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Quart ginger ale
- lettuce leaves
- WHIPPED-CREAM MAYONNAISE
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons watermelon juice; from the above
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash paprika
- Using a teaspoon (or a melon-baller) scoop out the pulp from watermelon.
- Drain off juices and put pulp in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and cover with ginger ale. Refrigerate 30 minutes; then drain off the liquid, which may be served over ice as a beverage, reserving 2 tablespoons juice for the Whipped-Cream Mayonnaise. Arrange the drained pulp in large lettuce-leaf cups for individual servings, or in a large leaf-lined serving bowl for table service. Top with a generous dollop of Whipped-Cream Mayonnaise.
- For the Whipped-Cream Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form; stir in sugar. In a medium bowl, blend mayonnaise with reserved watermelon juice, salt, and paprika. Fold in whipped cream.
This recipe serves 6.