20 Minute Hamburger Skillet Stew
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, sliced wafer-thin
- 4 carrots, sliced wafer-thin
- 2 potatoes, halved, sliced wafer-thin
- 3 ribs celery, sliced wafer-thin
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons beef extract or bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt or garlic salt
- 1/4 Cup dry red wine or tomato juice
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Use melon baller and shape meat into tiny meatballs. Brown in skillet.
- Discard any fat. Stir onion into skillet and cook 1 min. Add boiling water or broth and extract or bouillon. Add remaining veggies, seasonings. Cover, cook over low heat, 15 mins until vegs are tender.
- Combine wine or water and flour in covered jar. Shake and stir into skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thick, 4 mins.