- Never add milk. It will make the eggs runny. Use cold water, but only a little.
- Add a pinch of Kosher salt which helps to break up the albumen and makes the eggs smoother. Use a fork to beat the eggs till fully blended into a fairly even mix.
- Melt a full tablespoon of butter in your non-stick pan before adding the egg mixture.
- Use your fork to push the egg mixture from the outside to center of the pan and then slide it under the eggs making sure they’re separated from the pan. Make sure all the butter in the pan is well incorporated into the egg mixture, which should be solidifying.
- Don’t over-cook the eggs. It’s okay if they’re still a bit soft and runny as the heat within them will continue cooking while you serve them.
Serve your buttery, French-style scrambled eggs with toast. Add bacon or sausage if you like, on the side and garnish with an orange or spiced apple slice. These go well with hash browns or home-fried potatoes.