Wine Margueritas are luscious, flavorful cocktails made with wine in place of tequila. They’re softer, less intoxicating and thoroughly enjoyable.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 2 Quarts dry white wine
- 1/2 Quarts water, seltzer or soda water
- 12 1/2 ounce can lemonade concentrate, frozen
- 12 fresh limes
- 9 ounces lime mix powder, Tang or
- 1 bar mix
- 7 ounces Triple Sec
- Combine water, limeade concentrate, lime powder and juice squeezed from limes.
- Stir briskly until dissolved.
- Add wine and Triple Sec, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To create a frothy marguerita (shown) combine the whites from 2 eggs with 6 servings of the marguerita and whip in a blender for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Yes, the recipe does say to put in the egg whites.
- Is this safe? What else could be substituted to make a froth ? Just buzz in the blender with ice chips? Makes 20 servings.