Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 4 egg whites
- 1 fifth dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons lemon rind; grated
- 1 Cup honey
- 6 Cup milk
- 1 Quarts half-and-half
- 1 nutmeg; freshly grated
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Combine wine, lemon juice, zest and honey in a large saucepan.
- Heat, stirring, until warm, then slowly add milk and cream.
- Continue to heat and stir until mixture is frothy; remove from heat.
- Fold in egg whites and serve in mugs with a sprinkling of nutmeg on top.
- Per Serving: 190 calories, 5 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 28 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, no fiber.