The White Sour is a glorious version of the Whiskey Sour, using white ale. The addition of orange marmalade adds a slightly sweet, tangy orange flavor and balances the beer. It has an incredible sensuality about it, and tantalizes the palate for more. There are delightful smokey undertones, and the bracing sensation of lemon. The result is a bright drink that has tantric qualities.
- 2 ounces Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 2 ounces white ale
- lemon peel for garnish (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and gently shake with ice. Strain over fresh ice cubes into a highball glass and garnish with a lemon peel.
- Serve with a water chaser.