Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 small icebox watermelon; cut into chunks and seeded
- 1/4 Cup simple syrup; see note
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Cup Vodka; optional
- SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- Place pieces of watermelon in food processor and process in batches until liquid.
- (Pulsing the machine helps to liquefy all the pieces.) After all the watermelon is processed, you may want to remove any large remaining pieces with a slotted spoon -- but don''t strain away all the texture, as it is part of the drink''s charm.
- Stir in the simple syrup and lime juice.
- Stir in vodka, if desired.
- Serve over ice.
- NOTE: To make simple syrup, dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let cool before using; refrigerate leftover syrup.