Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 4 pounds red or yellow seedless watermelon, plus more; wedges for garnish
- 1 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 10 limes, plus wedges for garnish
- 1 Cup ginger syrup*
- Ginger Syrup
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar
- 3 1/2 Cups water
- 1 six-inch piece ginger peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Remove the rind and any loose seeds from the watermelon.
- Place the flesh in a juice extractor, and process, extracting 3 cups watermelon juice.
- Transfer juice to a large pitcher.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Fill pitcher with ice.
- Garnish with watermelon and lime wedges.
- *Ginger Syrup: In medium saucepan, combine the sugar, ginger, and 3 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes more.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and let syrup stand about 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the ginger.
- Store syrup in tight container, refrigerated, up to 2 months.