With the cooling, refreshing flavor of Watermelon and Rum, enjoying a summer drink couldn’t be better. Wonderful flavors combine to make a great cocktail.
Watermelon and Rum
Perfect for hot weather cocktails.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 3 ounces of silver rum
- 3 ounces of pureed seedless watermelon
- 1 ounce of Triple Sec or another citrus liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon limeade concentrate
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 12 dashes orange bitters
- Cava or any sparkling white wine
- Chill two margarita or wine glasses and add a small amount of crushed ice.
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of the wine and stir with ice for about a minute.
- Strain the ingredients into the two glasses.
- Slowly pour the Cava or wine into the top of each cocktail (to float on top). Pouring it over the back of a spoon helps it layer, rather than blending.