Perfume for a gourmet, vanilla provides the essential flavoring for hundreds of great liqueurs and cocktail recipes, not to mention other beverages. This liqueur offers exceptional flavor to be consumed on its own or added to other drinks.
We always strongly recommend Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, sold in most gourmet food stores in a variety of forms, from whole beans to pastes and extracts.
Seriously, an absolutely superb beverage recipe and one you’re going to repeat often. This one’s a keeper.
- 1 Cup water boiling, distilled
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- 3 Tablespoons homemade vanilla extract
- 3 Cups vodka 80 to 100 proof
- Combine the water and sugars together in a saucepan and stir until dissolved. Heat for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the mixture begins to steam (do not bring to a boil).
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool. Stir in the glycerin, vanilla, and vodka.
- Using a funnel, divide the liqueur between two 20-ounce decanters.
- Let age for at least 5 days