Tropical Fruit Daiquiris
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 2/3 Cup light Rum
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 Cup superfine sugar
- 4 passion fruit or guavas or
- 2 mangoes, papayas or peaches
- 2 Cups crushed ice
- lime or kiwi; sliced, for garnish
- Put rum, lime juice and sugar into blender or food processor.
- If using passion fruit, cut in half, scoop out pulp and add to blender.
- If using guavas, peel, chop and add to blender.
- If using mangoes, papayas or pepinos, cut in half and scoop flesh (not seeds) into blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- (Strain out seeds if using passion fruits.) Add ice to puree.
- Process until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with lime or kiwi.
- Adapted from a recipe developed by Frieda''s Finest, a specialty foods purveyor.
- From the Chicago Tribune 7/8/93.