Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3 lemons worth of zest in strips
- 1.67 Cups fresh lemon juice ( 6 to 8 lemons)
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 1 bn fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- In large bowl, combine lemon zest and juice with sugar.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Combine equal parts of strained lemon syrup and water in tall glasses.
- Add ice cubes and garnish with mint sprigs.
- Source: Victoria, March 1995, from an article on a Cheshire Garden.
- The article details a number of little hints to do with fresh grown herbs.