To Make A Perfect Cup of Tea
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Tablespoon tea leaves
- 2 Cups boiling water
- milk or cream; (optional)
- Use cold tap water, as it is fresher, and let it run for a minute so that it will be aerated.
- If you like, you can use bottled water instead.
- Do not use warm tap water.
- Boil water in kettle.
- If you are in a particularly cold climate, such as the North of England, add hot water to the tea pot until you are ready to pour in the boiling water, so that the tea pot will already be warm when you add the tea leaves.
- Put tea leaves in tea pot.
- Pour boiling water over tea leaves.
- Allow to brew for 3 to 5 minutes, according to how much you will be cutting the tea with milk or cream.
- Five minutes is only for tea that you intend to add a lot of milk or cream to.
- Three minutes will allow the tea leaves to reach their optimum flavor, so it is considered the perfect brewing time.
- Cover with a tea cozy in order to keep the heat in the pot.
- This recipe yields 2 cups of tea.
- Recipe by: David Rosengarten