Columbus sailed the ocean blue on The Santa Maria, and thus in honor of Columbus Day, we’ve created a cocktail named for his flagship.
The Santa Maria
The spiced rum represents the spices Columbus sought, and the Caribbean where he landed. The Tequila represents Spain's domination of the region Columbus discovered, and the Vermouth, his Italian roots.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces Spiced Rum
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces Tequila
- 2 dashes Vermouth
- orange peel
- Add ice to fill a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the ingredients into the shaker, and shake gently.
- Strain the drink into a chilled rocks glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.