Consider, if you will, The English Rose Cocktail, named for the ancient symbol of Tudor England. The feature liqueur is Drambuie – a historical Scottish liqueur branded by the legendary Bonnie Prince Charlie – which is deeply woven into the fabric of Scottish and British history.
This champagne cocktail, the drink most associated with celebration, is perfect for any wedding party or holiday celebrations, providing the necessity for this delicious concoction.
Surprisingly, this recipe provides a wonderful treat for parties of all types at all times of year, but for weddings, it’s without peers.
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 drops orange bitters
- 1 ounce Drambuie
- 4 ounces chilled Champagne
- splash Campari
- 3 drops rosewater
- a fresh strawberry sliced but intact and fanned out
- In a Champagne flute, add the first three ingredients.
- Slowly top with the Second Part ingredients.
- Garnish with a thinly-sliced strawberry fanned and floated on top.