Tropical winds, the scent of flowers in the air, and the glow of the volcano, are all embodied in every delicious sip of That Night in Montserrat. A delight!
That Night in Montserrat
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons orange liqueur (Cointreau, Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 2 bottles of light beer, chilled
- Combine the ginger, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir until all the sugar dissolves, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a heat-proof glass container, ginger and all, and place in the refrigerator until cool.
- When the ginger syrup is cool, strain it and divide it between two large glasses.
- Into each glass, add the juice of 1 lime and 1 tablespoon of orange liqueur. Fill each glass with a bottle of beer and stir.
- On a really hot day, add ice before taking it outside to the pool and enjoying.