Yeah, we know, the name’s really tacky, but you’ve got to admit, it caught your eye. Nonetheless, Tequila Mockingbird is a winning cocktail with abundant flavor that pays homage to Harper Lee.
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1 ounce limoncello
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/2 teaspoon Simple Syrup (or to taste)
- 1 lemon twist
- Fill a margarita glass with ice; set aside to chill.
- Combine tequila, limoncello, lemon juice and bitters in cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice; shake vigorously. Add simple syrup to taste.
- Strain into chilled glass, garnish with lemon twist and serve at once.