Tequila Con Sangrita
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1/2 pints Tequila (preferably aged blue agave)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 a small dish of salt (optional)
- 1.25 Cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 Cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2.50 Tablespoons Grenadine syrup
- 1/2 teaspoons salt; a generous 1/2 tspn
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- An hour before the cocktail hour is to commence, combine all the ingredients for the sangrita in a blender.
- Blend until frothy.
- Cover and refrigerate for the flavors to marry.
- To serve, pour the sangrita into 8 straight, tall shot glasses.
- Pour the tequila into 8 identical shot glasses and place them all on a tray lined with a napkin.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and salt, if desired.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.