Telly Savalas' Kafes Greek Coffee
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 2 Cups water
- 6 lumps sugar
- 2 Tablespoons finely ground coffee; heapin
- Boil sugar and water in a heavy pot.
- Stir in coffee.
- When boiling, remove fr om heat and skim off foam.
- Reserve foam.
- Bring to a boil again, skim and keep foam.
- Remove from heat, add 1 tsp cold water.
- Put a little foam in each demi-tasse cup and pour in coffee.
- "My mother keeps spoiling my image.
- She maintains I am just a softie at he art, not really the tough guy I portray on television.
- Maybe she has always brought out the better side of my nature because she knows there is truth to the old statement that the way to a man''s heart is through his stomach.
- B eing of Greek descent, she masterfully concocts delectable drinks from that part of the world.
- I share with you one of my favorites." Telly Savalas.