Summer Melon Sangria is a lovely, refreshing drink with a fresh, clean and seductive flavor. Fresh mint and lemon complement the melons and enhance the wine, resulting in a superb seasonal drink to please your palate.
- 4 Cups watermelon, seedless, cubed
- 3 Cups cantaloupe, washed, peeled and seeded, cubed
- 1 lemon, washed and sliced
- fresh mint
- 2 bottles sparkling wine, preferably Cava or Prosecco
- Check the fruits, removing any stray seeds. Add the cubes to a pitcher with the mint and 1 bottle sparkling wine.
- Leave it in the refrigerator about 5-6 hours or more. Just before serving, add the second bottle of wine and serve it with a lot of ice.
- Use a highball glass large enough to fit the fruit cubes, and include some in every glass.