Sugar Plum Reduction
Recipe type: Syrup
Serves: 1 1/4 Cups
- 2 Tablespoons of plum preserves or plum reserves
- 3/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup demerara sugar
- Place all ingredients in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s reduced by half.
- Strain through a fine metal strainer and discard solids.
- Pour into a sterilized jar and refrigerate until needed.
- To use, add to cocktails or pour into a sterilized 1 quart bottle and add either gin or vodka.
Use this to make sugarplum cocktails at Christmas time.