Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3 1/2 Cups water
- 1/2 pound rhubarb; trimmed, and cut in 1-inch pieces; (about 2 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup sugar; or to taste
- 2 lemon zest strips; 3 long, plus
- additional zest for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Cup fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan stir together the water, the rhubarb, the sugar, 2 strips of the zest, and the vanilla, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of the strawberries and boil the mixture, covered for 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and strain it through a coarse sieve set over a pitcher, pressing hard on the solids.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of strawberries and lemon juice, divide among stemmed glasses filled with ice cubes, and garnish each glass with additional zest.
- This recipe yields 7 cups, about 6 servings.
- Recipe by: Sara Moulton