Spicy Herbal Liqueur
This is the same recipe for Liquore Strega or Witch's Brew. A flavorful, spicy blend that is a treat. An Italian classic.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 Quart
- 6 cardamom pods*
- 3 teaspoon anise seeds*
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chopped angelica root*
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1 fifth of vodka
- 1 Cup sugar syrup (see recipe)
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods. Add the anise seeds, and crush all the kernels with the back of a fork. Put them in a 1-quart container adding angelica root, cinnamon stick, clove, mace, and vodka. Shake mixture well and store in a cupboard for 1 week. Pour through cheesecloth lined strainer several times.
- Blend the liquid with the sugar syrup. It is now ready to serve.
- *Most of these ingredients can be found at health food stores.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe