Spicy Berry Cider
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
Serves: 7 8oz servsings
- 4 Cups apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1 can pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 2 Cups raspberries [fresh] *or*
- 2 Cups raspberries (frozen and slightly sweetened)
- 1 teaspoon allspice [whole]
- 1 teaspoon cloves [whole]
- 1 nutmeg [whole]
- 4 (packets) Equal *or*
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Equal Measure (tm)
- 1) In a large saucepan combine the juices, berries, and spices, bringing slowly to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min.
- 2) Remove from heat and strain (to remove the seeds) and stir in the EQUAL (packets or MEASURE).
- 3) Serve in mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.
- Source: the Simply Sweet recipe book from EQUAL brand sweetener.