The sultry, seductive properties of chocolate are enhanced with spices, making this recipe an enjoyable, warming treat, perfect for cold weather.
Spiced Hot Chocolate
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 4 Cups milk
- 6 cinnamon stick stirrers
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in water and add chocolate.
- Stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick stirrer in each cup.